Celebrities like Janet Jackson, Jennifer Beals, Tom Ford, Kathy Griffin, Sharon Stone, and Barbara Walters. Appearances by cast members of some of the hottest shows on television. A performance by Joss Stone. Moving presentations about leaders in LGBT inclusive news and entertainment media. Yes, there are many reasons to watch the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo, but GLAAD is giving you one more....
...And all you have to do is watch! One lucky viewer who watches the re-airing of the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards on Bravo on Monday, September 29th @ 6pm EST or on Friday, October 3nd @ 2am EST/PST (check local listings) will win a trip to London courtesy of VisitBritain!
Here is how YOU can watch and win:
- Tune in to the upcoming GLAAD Media Awards broadcasts on Bravo.
- Write down your answers to the below trivia questions.
- Submit your answers by email to MediaAwardsContest@glaad.org between Monday, 9/29/2008 @ 6pm EST and Monday, 10/6/2008 at 12am EST.
- We'll announce the lucky winner on Friday, 10/10/2008.
GLAAD Media Awards Contest Questions:
- What did Kathy Griffin's mom say was the ‘gayest thing' she has ever done?
- While accepting the award for Outstanding TV Journalism - Newsmagazine story for 20/20's "My Secret Self: A Story of Transgender Children in America" from Law & Order's Mariska Hargitay, what Broadway show does Barbara Walters say she took one of the children included in the story to?
- After being introduced by T. R. Knight (George on Grey's Anatomy), what does Neil Giuliano, President of GLAAD, say are the three things at the core of GLAAD's mission every day?
- What street do Jennifer Beals and Laurel Holloman (Bette & Tina on The L Word) speculate that their characters may ride off together on at the end of the final episode of the series?
- Who does Becki Newton (Amanda on Ugly Betty) say is the biggest troublemaker on the Ugly Betty set during her the backstage interview with Jay Manuel of America's Next Top Model?
One viewer who correctly answers three of the five questions will win a VisitBritain prize package that includes:
- Two round trip business class tickets from New York to London courtesy of American Airlines.*
- Four nights accommodation at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel in London's Bloomsbury District courtesy of Red Carnation Hotels that includes full English breakfast and complimentary afternoon tea.
- Two tickets to The Sound of Music at the Palladium theater courtesy of the Really Useful Theatre Company.
- A shopping spree at Harvey Nichols with a value of £500.
- Two tickets for a "discovery flight" on the British Airways London Eye.
Additional contest details available here.
Submissions are also being accepted for the upcoming 20th anniversary of the GLAAD Media Awards.
The 20th Annual GLAAD Media Awards will be handed out in New York City on March 28, 2009 at the Marriott Marquis; in Los Angeles on April 18 at the Nokia Theatre; in San Francisco on May 9 at the San Francisco Hilton and in South Florida on May 16 at the Eden Roc Resort.
Creators of LGBT inclusive films, news segments, magazine articles, television programs, comic books, music and advertising are encouraged to submit work they completed in 2008 for consideration in 26 English and 17 Spanish-Language categories. More information and eligibility requirements are available here.
Watch What Happens and good luck!