More than 1,500 New Yorkers gathered today in Manhattan to mourn the death of a 32 year-old gay man, who was shot down on Friday just blocks away from the historic Stonewall Inn in an apparent act of anti-gay bias.
Top Stories Today - 09.15.2008
Monday, September 15, 2008 - 10:36am by Justin Cole, GLAAD's Director of Digital Media
- Associated Press - Poll: Public Opposes Increased Presidential Power
- Associated Press - George Takei Marries Longtime Partner Brad Altman
- Los Angeles Times - EDITORIAL: Act on Gay Rights Bil
- The Washington Post - EDITORIAL: ROTC and the Ivies
- The New York Times - Levi’s, Unbuttoned and Out of the Closet
- The Washington Post (DC) - Ruling Inspires New Hope For Transgender People
- San Diego Union-Tribune (CA) - A Battle Over 'God's Will'
- Los Angeles Times (CA) - Firefighters Sue San Diego, Alleging Harassment in Gay Pride Parade
- The Colorado Springs Gazette (CO) - Focus Pours Cash on Initiative
- New York Daily News (NY) - Gay and Lesbian Couples Stage 'Wedding March' Across Brooklyn Bridge
- Boston Globe (MA) - A Very Public Marriage Ends in Furor
- Denver Post (CO) - COLUMN: Gay Attack Swept Under the Shrug
- Detroit Free Press (MI) - Candidates Avoid Hot Buttons, But Social Issues a Concern
- The Colorado Independent (CO) - GLBT Rights Rally Planned for Denver’s Civic Center Park
- The New Vision (Uganda) - Ssempa Rewarded for Anti-Gay Crusade
From the Blogs:
- LAist - No One Grows up Dreaming of Getting 'Domestic Partnered'
- PageOneQ - Palin church: Gays want laws to 'justify their sickness'
- 365 Gay News - Protestors counter anti-gay conference promoted by Palin church
- Pam’s House Blend - Denver gay bashing: cop refuses to press charges, court backs him
- Good As You - Palin and pro-gay books: A new chapter unfolds
- Towleroad - George Takei and Brad Altman Marry in Los Angeles
- Pam’s House Blend - AK: Celtic Diva covers progressive rallies against Love Won Out, Sarah Palin